More About Luxurious Rolls-Royce Toy Car
The luxurious Rolls-Royce toy car is no ordinary toy; it boasts over 100 parts and takes 450 hours to produce, with a starting price of around $27,000, far from your average toy.
• With over 100 parts and 40,000 paint options, the Rolls-Royce Cullinan scale model isn’t your average toy model.
• It features working lights, a detailed engine replica, and functioning doors with a deluxe interior.
• Production time for a full-scale version can reach up to 450 hours, not your typical toy-making process.
LEGO designers get paid to play with plastic bricks. Video game designers get paid to break buttons. And some Rolls-Royce employees make toy cars during their work hours. But this isn’t your average model.
First, the model is of the Rolls-Royce Cullinan, which is already a rare breed. Second, it’s a 1:8-scale replica made from over 1,000 parts and can certainly be tailored to match your driveway Cullinan. Or the one down the street. Thanks to Rolls-Royce’s roughly 40,000 “standard” paint colors, paint options are virtually limitless—and what does the standard mean in this context? And it’s possible to match the model’s paint to your custom full-size Cullinan.
Rolls-Royce The model comes in a display case with a shiny black base that’s about three feet long to give the car a proper resting place. But if you want to showcase the car’s more intricate details, you can remove the perspex window to open and close the doors, inspect the trade plates, and peek inside the engine bay, where undoubtedly, the Cullinan’s “perfect likeness” resides. Beneath the hood is a 6.75-liter twin-turbocharged V-12 engine. Excuse us, bonnet. The model
The Rolls-Royce Toy Car external lights work too and can be operated via the Cullinan-branded remote control. Going deep
• Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV downlow
• Cullinan Black Badge with sport exhaust Inside the model, you’ll find intricate details just like the real deal, including raised tread plates, detailed headrests, seat piping, and wooden accents. It all takes time to put together—Rolls-Royce says about half the time it takes to actually build a Cullinan—though if the company wants to help you pass the time during lockdowns, they’ll sell you a sprue of unpainted parts and some glue. Consider it Italy.
Rolls-Royce has been embracing our inner introverts, which were thrust upon us by COVID-19. Last month, the brand held a competition asking children to send in their designs for a new car to be presented by a professional digital artist. At the start of this month, it unveiled a deep-sea pearl Phantom Rose that was originally prepared for the online RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
A Rolls-Royce spokesperson told C/D that Cullinan model prices start at about $27,000. That’s not too far from the average price of a new car.”